Amicoat AS is a Norwegian biotechnology company that discovers, develops, and commercializes novel antimicrobial science with broad applications across diverse industries. Our current focus is on medical equipment, and we are also exploring utilization of our technology in other industries. With our origins above the Arctic Circle in the city of Tromsø in Northern Norway, we aspire to be a leading company in the antimicrobial coating industry, providing our clients with tailored antimicrobial coating solutions. Our primary product, AMC-109, offers a reliable and environmentally safe antimicrobial solution addressing needs across a wide range of industries. AMC-109 is backed by extensive data demonstrating efficacy and safety, and inducing antimicrobial activity with minimal environmental impact. Efficacy has also been demonstrated with viruses and fungi.
Vice President Research & Development
Amicoat is heading towards an exciting phase where we want to strengthen our technology and IP portfolio for strategically important markets in the years to come.
In the longer term, the vision for our new VP R&D is creating value adding content and results, and playing an instrumental role in creating commercial success, including a possible IPO / public stock listing.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Develop and deliver on R&D strategy
- Member of management team and participant in Board meetings
- Lead and develop R&D organization
- Motivate team
- On-the-job training to build skills and competence in R&D team
- Create an innovation culture in R&D organization
- Prioritize R&D resources in line with strategic objectives
- Develop key processes for R&D activities (e.g. systematic documentation and reporting in line with current standards)
- Deliver on key R&D activities
- Innovate and develop new commercializable products and technologies
- Establish, maintain, and defend IP protection of new technology
- Develop prototypes and conduct pilot studies to prepare customer reachout
- Conduct pre-contract testing project with customers
- Plan, coordinate and deliver R&D projects with customers
- Publication strategy; scientific, white papers
- Establish, coordinate, and execute on R&D collaboration partners
- Coordinate and align R&D activities with Business Development and company strategy
Who are we looking for?
You have a strong passion for making a novel product/technology into a commercial success.
We are looking for a commercially driven VP R&D with a background from Life Science/medtech/biotech. You have demonstrated results from similar type role, i.e leading R&D organization in comparable business/industry of novel technology as well as from product launch in a global marketplace
You are passionate about R&D and being part of a growth company with insight and experience with R&D documentation standards and experienced working with external stakeholders (regulators, customers, R&D labs)
Furthermore, you are eager to develop colleagues and team, both personally and professionally.
At Amicoat, we value personal integrity and strive for the highest professional standards in our team.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with experience from and interest in working in a small, entrepreneurial environment with broad responsibilities and opportunities.
Why join our Amicoat team?
- a varied and exciting working day in a very competent environment, characterized by interdisciplinary collaboration and short decision paths.
- a competitive salary package, with a strong incentive system
- a fun and dynamic international working environment
- a company with big growth ambitions
- opportunity for long-term career growth
- a great degree of autonomy and the opportunity to create their own role
- a supportive agile culture
- an environment where we value personal integrity and strive for the highest professional standards
This recruitment is carried out in collaboration with the recruitment company Borka Consulting AS.
If you have any questions regarding Amicoat or the position, feel free to contact our recruitment advisor in Borka Consulting; André Borka at +47 908 31 871.
Please send your application (both motivational letter and CV in PDF format) to email@example.com.
Norwegian applicants may apply in Norwegian.
All inquiries are treated confidentially, also towards Amicoat in the initial phase if desired.
We look forward to receiving your application!
For å søke på denne stillingen må du sende en e-post med CV og søknadsbrev til firstname.lastname@example.org