Nettside Bayer LinkedIn Facebook Bayer
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. As one of the world’s leading innovation companies we are a trendsetter in research intensive areas. Bayer's products and services are designed to improve quality of life. In 2014 Bayer acquired the Norwegian biotech company Algeta and further strengthened our position within innovative cancer research and development. As a result we are investing heavily in production and Research & Development in Norway and increasing our ambition to provide patients with innovative and qualitative treatment. The integration of Algeta is a unique chapter in Bayer’s 57-year long Norwegian history and our greatest pride. Bayer has 160 employees in Norway and is located at Lysaker in new and attractive offices and laboratories. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value passion to innovate and give our employees the power to change.
Oncology is one of the strategic therapeutic areas for Bayer Pharma and radiopharmaceuticals are an an important part of this strategy with several projects in the pipeline.
We are looking for a new colleague to contribute to analytical development of radiopharmaceutical projects as Scientist in our Quality Control Team, and you will work closely with team colleagues in Research and Development. The position is based in Oslo where the main radioactive development activities take place.
As Scientist in Quality Control, you will be responsible for analytical development with focus on radiochemistry and nuclear techniques of analysis.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Method development and validation
- Characterization of raw materials and drug products
- Release and stability testing
- Technology transfer to Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs)
- Qualification, control, calibration and maintenance of GMP instruments
- Represent QC in internal and external collaboration projects
- Further develop our internal expertise in the field of analytical development with focus on liquid scintillation counting, alpha and gamma spectrometry
- University degree in Chemistry (MSc or equal, PhD), preferably Nuclear Chemistry, Pharmacy or Nuclear Physics, professional experience (5 years) in analytical development functions. In-depth knowledge in radiochemistry/radiopharmaceuticals will be an advantage.
- Experience with method development and nuclear techniques of analysis.
- High motivation for practical analytical work.
- Demonstrated experience and competence working with cross-functional and multicultural teams and interacting with external companies and institutes.
- Experience with radioactivity and understanding of GMP requirements in the field of radiopharmaceuticals and analytical development will be an advantage.
- Good communication and networking skills.
- Fluent in English.
The position will be located in Oslo and report to the Quality Control Manager.
We can offer a positive work environment at our nice offices at Lysaker.
In addition to competitive benefits we can also offer good development opportunities.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Borka Consulting AS.
If you would like to find out more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Cecilie Fraas Borka, phone +47 928 55 352 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Borka Consulting is a search and recruitment company in the Life Science industries that help clients find talented candidates in all roles in the Life Science sector in Norway, The Nordics and in Europe.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please submit your application in this portal:
to apply and upload your CV and motivational letter at your earliest convenience and no later than August 15th 2022