Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. As one of the world’s leading innovation companies we are a trendsetter in research intensive areas. Bayer's products and services are designed to improve quality of life. In 2014 Bayer acquired the Norwegian biotech company Algeta and further strengthened our position within innovative cancer research and development. As a result, we are investing heavily in production and R&D in Norway and increasing our ambition to provide patients with innovative and qualitative treatment. The integration of Algeta is a unique chapter in Bayer’s 50-year long Norwegian history and our greatest pride. Bayer has 160 employees in Norway and is located at Lysaker in new and attractive offices and laboratories. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value passion to innovate and give our employees the power to change.
Head of Technology Development
– Product Supply Operations
Oncology is one of the strategic therapeutic areas for Bayer Pharma and radiopharmaceuticals are an important part of this strategy with several projects in the pipeline. We are looking for a new colleague to lead the Technical Development department in Product Supply Operations in Norway. You will work closely and cross functionally with teams in Product Supply, R&D, MSAT (Manufacturing Science and Techonolgy) and other global teams. The position is based in Oslo where the main radioactive development activities take place.
As Head of Technology Development, you will be responsible for leading dedicated resources from relevant functions/expert groups and ensure the resources in the team are utilized effectively.
The position reports to the Head of Product Supply Operations and is part of the PSO leadership team. You will be responsible for leading a technology development team to develop new products in our advanced radiopharmaceutical product portfolio. This includes process and product development, oversight of clinical production and supply, writing submission documents and support manufacturing investment projects.
Major tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for timely clinical productions of drug substances and drug products in our Targeted Alpha-therapy (TAT) portfolio in close collaboration with our external Contract Development Manufacturing partners.
- Manage productions and maintenance of A-generators (actinium starting material) to ensure an appropriate stock level for both Xofigo and the TAT-portfolio.
- Manage development of the TAT-platform focusing on process development, upscaling, process verification and qualification of robust manufacturing procedures at clinical production sites and future commercial production sites.
- Ensure timely delivery of process and production descriptions to the relevant sections to the regulatory submission documents, HSE- and Quality reviews and other safety and risk assessments needed to establish productions and maintain license to operate
- Identify, develop and implement new and emerging technologies and identify technology-based business opportunities that can be used to improve and simplify current production processes.
- Master’s degree or equivalent. MBA or PhD are an advantage
- Experience from pharmaceutical industry
- Must have previous relevant experience leading technological development projects with a proven track record of success
- Understanding of global cGMP regulations and quality management systems for pharmaceutical or biotechnology development and manufacturing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, with a demonstrated ability to present key quality/department/business indicators to senior management
- Excellent facilitation, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong project management, organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Strong people and coaching skills, ambition and drive to lead and develop teams and individuals
- Work in cross functional teams, collaborate across the organization and work with senior management team
- High proficiency in English
This role requires limited degree of travel. The position will be located at Bayer AS main offices at Lysaker in Oslo, Norway. The role will report to the Head of Product Supply Operations. We can offer a positive work environment at our nice offices at Lysaker. In addition to competitive benefits we can also offer good development opportunities.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Borka Consulting AS.
If you would like to find out more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Cecilie Fraas Borka, phone +47 928 55 352 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Borka Consulting is a search and recruitment company in the Life Science industries that help clients find talented candidates in all roles in the Life Science sector in Norway, The Nordics and in Europe.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please submit your application in this portal
to apply and upload your CV and motivational letter at your earliest convenience and no later than September 27th 2022.