Astellas is a top 20 global pharma company with operations in Japan, North America, EMEA and Asia/Oceania and a commitment to build and enhance the position in emerging markets. The organization employs more than 17200 people worldwide, 4700 people in EMEA and 140 people in the Nordics. Key therapeutic areas of focus are; Oncology, Urology and Transplantation.
Astellas åpner for at kandidater fra Norge som ønsker å bosette seg i Københavnområdet kan søke denne stillingen.
Denne stillingen håndteres av vår nordiske partner, Carpenova.
Se kontaktdata til rekrutterer Peter Ek i Carpenova i teksten under
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
We are looking for a driven Therapeutic Area Head Medical Affairs– Oncology
The main purpose of the position is to provide strategic Medical Affairs Leadership in overseeing all MA activities / deliverables for the Therapy Area Oncology. Also demonstrate Matrix Leadership by developing and maintaining integrated partnership with stakeholders.
- Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives. Ensure Medical Affairs Function strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance, leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
- To develop a clear understanding and insight into the therapeutic area objectives. To support and constructively challenge the development of such objectives where clarity is lacking.
- To ensure that the therapeutic area objectives are realised with compliance within the Local Code of Practice, local regulations law and sign off all applicable materials and activities including publications as compliant with the Code, Local Law and Astellas Policies/SOPs
- Provides strategic leadership and direction across all functions of the TA MA department to ensure all TA MA activities/deliverables are based on scientific validity, clinical importance, fiscal feasibility and aligned to both the Core Medical Plans and local business needs.
- Serves as a recognized Medical Affairs authority by maintaining and communicating up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and practices, keeps abreast and proactively responds to market trends and/or shifts in the external medical affairs environment to predict and maximize positive impact to Astellas.
- Maintains an integrated partnership with Medical Affairs and cross-functional colleagues to identify collaborative opportunities, ensure optimal alignment, leverage resources, and support business priorities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Oncology through attendance at congresses, external and internal meetings and self-directed study in order to understand and be able to leverage strategic opportunities.
- Need to be willing and able to undertake ca. 25-30% national and international travel (including staying away)
- Willing to work such additional hours as required by the business.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English and at least one Nordic language
We are looking for a team player and someone who is ready to take on a leader position!
- You have several years’ experience as an expert in the oncology area within the research-based pharmaceutical industry and Medical Affairs.
- An educational background as MD is preferable however long experience within Oncology is a requirement. You also have proven team management skills including matrix leadership.
- You are a social person with strong communication skills. You are organized, adaptive and not afraid of responsibilities.
- You must be able to identify with the Astellas core values and the individual elements: Patient Focus, Results, Ownership, Openness and Integrity.
Workplace is Copenhagen, Denmark
Application Process and more information:
Please contact external recruiter, Carpenova Nordic AB
Peter Ek: +46 733 23 47 51.
Welcome with your application as soon as possible. Interviews are ongoing and the employment can be filled before the application deadline.