Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. As one of the world’s leading innovation companies we are a trendsetter in research intensive areas. Bayer's products and services are designed to improve quality of life. In 2014 Bayer acquired the Norwegian biotech company Algeta and further strengthened our position within innovative cancer research and development. As a result we are investing heavily in production and Research & Development in Norway and increasing our ambition to provide patients with innovative and qualitative treatment. The integration of Algeta is a unique chapter in Bayer’s 57-year long Norwegian history and our greatest pride. Bayer has 160 employees in Norway and is located at Lysaker in new and attractive offices and laboratories. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value passion to innovate and give our employees the power to change.
Scientist in Drug Discovery Sciences- Radiopharmaceuticals
We are strengthening our organization and have an open position:
Employed within the Radiochemistry group the candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development of new systemically targeted radiotherapies for the treatment of cancer. We are looking for a scientist with experience in standard laboratory techniques including chemical analyses, chromatography, chemical synthesis and preferably some experience in working with radioactivity. The successful candidate will contribute to the research and development of new radiolabelled compounds for therapy and imaging in the field of oncology.
For the position we prefer the following background and skills:
- Minimum MSc in Chemistry, Radiochemistry, Analysis or related field
- Preferably laboratory experience with techniques such as chromatography and characterization, including LC-MS, HPLC, TLC
- Preferably experience in handling radioactive materials and knowledge of radiodetection methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan and prioritize activities within projects and deliver to agreed timelines
- Attention to quality (GLP & GMP) and detail-oriented
- Excellent team working skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Fluent English language, both oral and written, at a scientific level
Workplace is Lysaker, Norway. We can offer positive work environment at our nice offices at Lysaker. In addition to competitive benefits we can also offer good development opportunities.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Borka Consulting AS.
If you would like to find out more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Cecilie Fraas Borka, phone +47 928 55 352 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link in this portal:
to apply and upload your CV and motivational letter as soon as possible, no later than October 29 2021.
Candidates will be reviewed on a continuous basis.