Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. As one of the world’s leading innovation companies we are a trendsetter in research intensive areas. Bayer's products and services are designed to improve quality of life. In 2014 Bayer acquired the Norwegian biotech company Algeta and further strengthened our position within innovative cancer research and development. As a result we are investing heavily in production and Research & Development in Norway and increasing our ambition to provide patients with innovative and qualitative treatment. The integration of Algeta is a unique chapter in Bayer’s 57-year long Norwegian history and our greatest pride. Bayer has 160 employees in Norway and is located at Lysaker in new and attractive offices and laboratories. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value passion to innovate and give our employees the power to change. For more information see www.bayer.no
RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM LEAD
Oncology is one of the strategic therapeutic areas for Bayer Pharma and radiopharmaceuticals are an important part of this strategy. With several radiopharmaceutical projects in the pipeline, we are looking for a new colleague to be our single point of contact to the cross functional development organization. Radiopharmaceutical Development collaborates with the Radiopharmaceutical Product Supply (PS) Oslo team and other key stakeholders on a cross functional basis regarding operational aspects such as CMO management, support clinical site set up and supply chain oversight, sourcing management and optimization of the platform activities in general. You will work closely with the Radiopharmaceuticals Development Managers and the Product Supply organization in Oslo which are responsible for these operations. Additionally, you will work with Bayer colleagues in Berlin, Wuppertal and with external partners. The position is based in Oslo where the main radioactive development activities take place.
As Radiopharmaceuticals Development Platform Lead, you will be responsible for coordination and close interaction with internal and external partners to ensure excellence in set up activities, technology transfer and end to end manufacture and supply across the early clinical phase radiopharmaceutical portfolio (imaging and therapeutic Investigational Medicinal Products).
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage oversight and coordinate the project activities such as clinical CMO set up and tech transfer across the portfolio to ensure timely and cost effective deliveries aligned with strategic plans established in cooperation with PS.
- Ensure that lessons learned and best practices related to technology and operations are implemented for the pipeline projects.
- Support the Supply chain team in set up, supply and monitoring of performance across projects and CMOs to ensure a reliable supply and distribution network. Identify risks and implement mitigations as part of continous improvement.
- Support the radioisotope sourcing team with the establishment of an optimal utilisation of the radioisotopes for research and development and in manufacture at the CMOs. Identify risks, critical issues and define/execute suitable mitigation measures to minimize business risks and develop a dashboard for monitoring of KPIs related to supply and optimal utilization.
- Coordinate and follow up on platform and cross project change management (and other QMS elements ) in cooperation with the QA team.
- Represent CPD RP in internal and external collaboration projects.
- Further develop our internal expertise in the field of radiopharmaceutical imaging and therapeutics and improve existing clinical manufacturing and distribution concepts through implementation of best practice/lessons learned actions with the relevant partners.
Generate new IP by identifying and assessing innovations internally.
- University degree in Natural Sciences (MSc or equal) mid -term professional experience (3-5 years) in CMC development or manufacturing/supply chain functions. In-depth knowledge in technical development of PET imaging agents/radiopharmaceuticals will be of advantage.
- Good leadership/project management skills and proven track record of successful project work and/or cross functional collaborations.
- Agile and entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated scientific / technical skills relevant for the field of Radiopharmaceuticals.
- Demonstrated experience and competence working with cross-functional and multicultural teams and interacting with external companies and institutes.
- Experience with GMP- / regulatory requirements in the field of radiopharmaceuticals, development, production and distribution will be of advantage.
- Good negotiation, communication, and networking skills
- Fluent in English
The position will be located in Oslo and report to the Head of Radiopharmaceutical Development.
We can offer positive work environment at our nice offices at Lysaker.
In addition to competitive benefits we can also offer good development opportunities.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Borka Consulting AS.
If you would like to find out more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Cecilie Fraas Borka, phone +47 928 55 352 or email to email@example.com
Borka Consulting is a search and recruitment company in the Life Science industries that help clients find talented candidates in all roles in the Life Science sector in Norway, The Nordics and in Europe.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please submit your application in this portal:
to apply and upload your CV and motivational letter at your earliest convenience and no later than July 29th 2022.