Nettside NorthSea Therapeutics
NorthSea Therapeutics B.V.(NST) is a Dutch biotech company focused on developing structurally engineered fatty acids (‘SEFAs’) for the treatment of NASH and other metabolic disorders. NST licensed the rights to its lead compound icosabutate and a library of SEFAs from Pronova BioPharma Norge AS, who developed Lovaza® (US brand, branded Omacor® in Europe), a blockbuster cardiovascular drug. Icosabutate has been found safe and effective in two prior phase 2 clinical studies for treatment of hypertriglyceridemia and mixed dyslipidemia and is currently in clinical development for NASH. The icosabutate phase 2b ICONA NASH trial is scheduled to readout in the first quarter of 2023. Two additional SEFAs are in clinical development; SEFA-1024 is in phase 1 to be developed for dyslipidemia, and SEFA-6179, entered phase 1 in December 2021, is being developed for the orphan indication IFALD, (Intestinal Failure Associated Liver Disease). NST is headquartered in the Netherlands with a presence in Norway and the US and is supported by Ysios Capital, Forbion Growth, Hercules Capital, Forbion Ventures, Novo Seeds, BGV, NSV, venBio Partners and Sofinnova investments.
✔ healthcare/pharmaceutical start-up setting
✔ small agile team
✔ cross functional work
✔ Oslo based
NorthSea Therapeutics (NST) currently have three candidate drugs in clinical development and are searching for a Project Manager to strengthen our team.
We are seeking a team-oriented person, with some years of relevant work experience in project management preferably within life science. The Project Manager supports the leading and execution of projects to deliver according to milestones and budgets.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with experience from and interest in working in a small, entrepreneurial environment with broad responsibilities and opportunities.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Participating in the planning and running of projects and subprojects as assigned by the North Sea Management and the Project Team Lead
- Work collaboratively with cross functional internal and external teams as needed.
- Aid in the management and follow up of cross-functional team resources and external service providers to execute projects on time, on budget, in compliance with existing regulatory guidelines and company standard operating procedures (SOPs), in close cooperation with Project Team Lead, functional leads and COO
- Help set budget and forecasts for the projects in portfolio in close collaboration with Project Team Lead and the financial controller
- Track financial spend and timelines compared to approved budget and timelines
- Work closely with the functional teams to support their progress and input to project meetings
- Write, circulate and save appropriately project minutes and keep project plans up to date
- Aid in the development of meeting materials and participation in meetings as needed, some travel will be required
Education, experience and other qualifications:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in project management preferably within life science
- BS/BA degree required in science/health-related field.
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Ability to prioritize tasks and resources, meet deadlines, and be flexible to changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of pharmaceutical industry and/or related industry is preferential
- Experience operating effectively within a matrix environment, specifically in a healthcare/pharmaceutical start-up setting.
- Possess skills for managing project teams with both internal and external members, and moving complex parallel tasks forward.
- Excellent team building and motivational skills
The position will be based in Nydalen, Oslo
Questions and Application process:
This recruitment is carried out in collaboration with the executive search firm Borka Consulting AS.
If you have any questions regarding NorthSea Therapeutics or the position, feel free to contact our recruitment advisors in Borka Consulting; Cecilie Fraas Borka at +47 928 55 352 or André Borka at +47 908 31 871.
Please send your application (both motivational letter and CV in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Norwegian applicants may apply in Norwegian. In the application letter, please highlight which of the above-mentioned “Education, experience and other qualifications» you fulfill. All inquiries are treated confidentially, also towards NorthSea Therapeutics in the initial phase if desired.
Deadline for applications: August 20th.
The recruitment process starts in August, but feel free to register your interest now, and we will get back to you when we start the process.
The selection process may start before the application deadline, please send in your application as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to close the advert earlier. All applicants can expect feedback on the application.
NOTE: Unfortunately, we sometimes experience that applicants do not receive a reply to an email from us, in which case our reply has most likely ended up in the spam filter on your mail server. Please check this if you miss answers from us, we always answer!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Borka Consulting AS is a specialized recruitment company that has 100% focus on competence-based search and recruitment in the sector Life Sciences (pharmaceutical industry, medical equipment, biotechnology, diagnostics and laboratory industry) in Norway, the Nordic countries and in Europe.