Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. As one of the world’s leading innovation companies we are a trendsetter in research intensive areas. Bayer's products and services are designed to improve quality of life. In 2014 Bayer acquired the Norwegian biotech company Algeta and further strengthened our position within innovative cancer research and development. As a result, we are investing heavily in production and R&D in Norway and increasing our ambition to provide patients with innovative and qualitative treatment. The integration of Algeta is a unique chapter in Bayer’s 50-year long Norwegian history and our greatest pride. Bayer has 160 employees in Norway and is located at Lysaker in new and attractive offices and laboratories. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value passion to innovate and give our employees the power to change.
Laboratory IT Professional
As Laboratory IT Professional you will be a central member of the Nordic Pharma IT organization, and will be responsible for managing, developing and supporting the IT infrastructure within the laboratory R&D environment. This includes performing all Business Partnering and Change activities within this framework at a Nordic level.
The position is critical to all Laboratory R&D activities carried out at Bayer AS in Norway and plays a central role both within the early Research and late stage Product Supply organisations. In this position you will manage a challenging IT infrastructure within a regulated environment, including playing a key role in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), the local Network Infrastructure (CNI), and the management of laboratory systems and data in accordance with the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
There are a wide range of opportunities for professional development both at a national, regional and global level.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage, develop and support the diverse Laboratory IT landscape
- Act as System Owner for locally managed IT infrastructure and perform respective provider management
- Collaborate closely with the business to identify IT demands, business process enhancement requirements as well as possible improvements.
- Drive their execution in collaboration with the local and global initiatives
- Deliver IT projects in the role of project manager / member
- Develop and maintain Pharmaceutical industry documentation in accordance with GMP requirements
- Deliver high quality services to meet Quality, IT security and other IT related requirements
- Support the business during internal / external audits
- Foster a culture for improvements and innovations by driving the company values
- Adhere to Bayer Corporate Policies, support their implementation as well as supporting the set-up of additional local policies and similar documents as applicable
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Good operational and maintenance skills and knowledge within IT infrastructure – especially networks (LAN & WLAN), Firewalls, and servers
- Knowledge of Storage & SAN solutions, VMware ESXi platform, Windows server + client OS, AD + GPO, VDI, Client & Server HW
- Some experience in laboratory environments and/or regulated GxP environments
- Good analytical and documentation skills
- Strong change management, incident management, and project management skills
- A solution and target oriented working approach
- Good intercultural skills as well as international collaboration skills and interest
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Norwegian
- A demonstrated ability to work flexibly, including occasional travel
- A wish to be a strong and active team player with a solid level of self motivation
The position will be located at Bayer AS main offices at Lysaker in Oslo, Norway. We can offer a positive work environment at our nice offices at Lysaker. In addition to competitive benefits we can also offer good development opportunities.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Borka Consulting AS. If you would like to find out more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Cecilie Fraas Borka, phone +47 928 55 352 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Borka Consulting is a search and recruitment company in the Life Science industries that help clients find talented candidates in all roles in the Life Science sector in Norway, The Nordics and in Europe.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please submit your application in this portal
to apply and upload your CV and motivational letter at your earliest convenience and no later than October 31st 2022.