Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. As one of the world’s leading innovation companies we are a trendsetter in research intensive areas. Bayer's products and services are designed to improve quality of life. In 2014 Bayer acquired the Norwegian biotech company Algeta and further strengthened our position within innovative cancer research and development. As a result we are investing heavily in production and Research & Development in Norway and increasing our ambition to provide patients with innovative and qualitative treatment. The integration of Algeta is a unique chapter in Bayer’s 57-year long Norwegian history and our greatest pride. Bayer has 160 employees in Norway and is located at Lysaker in new and attractive offices and laboratories. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value passion to innovate and give our employees the power to change. For more information see www.bayer.no
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS
Oncology is one of the strategic therapeutic areas for Bayer Pharma and radiopharmaceuticals are an important part of this strategy with several projects in pipeline. We are looking for a new college to lead and manage globally, the technical development of radiopharmaceutical projects as Development Manager in our Radiopharmaceuticals Development Team. You will work closely with team colleagues both in Berlin and Oslo, but this position is based in Oslo where the main radioactive development activities take place
As Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading dedicated resources from relevant functions/expert groups and ensure the resources in the team are utilized effectively.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage Global CPD Technical Development Teams (TDTs), being responsible for all CMC development activities, timelines, deliverables, cost planning and be accountable for the deliveries as CMC representative for CPD in the cross functional Global Project Teams.
- Being accountable for establishing manufacture of imaging and therapeutical drug products for Clinical supply at external Clinical Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs), the quality of the products, delivery timelines and the budget incl. cost planning and control.
- Identify CMC project risks, critical issues and define/execute suitable mitigation measures to minimize business risks.
- Represent CPD in internal and external collaboration projects.
- Further develop our internal expertise in the field of radiopharmaceuticals and improve existing clinical manufacturing and distribution concepts.
- Generate new IP by identifying and assessing innovations internally.
- University degree in Natural Sciences (MSc or equal, PhD preferred) mid- to long-term professional experience (5-7 years) in CMC development functions. In-depth knowledge in technical development of PET imaging agents/radiopharmaceuticals will of advantage.
- Good leadership skills and proven track record of successful management of research & development projects and teams.
- Agile and entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated scientific / technical skills through major contributions to new or advanced technologies relevant for the field of Radiopharmaceuticals.
- Demonstrated experience and competence working with cross-functional and multicultural teams and interacting with external companies and institutes.
- In-depth understanding of GMP- / regulatory requirements in the field of radiopharmaceuticals, development, production and distribution will be of advantage.
- Good negotiation, communication, and networking skills
- Fluent in English
The position will be located in Oslo and report to the Head of Radiopharmaceutical Development.
We can offer a positive work environment at our nice offices at Lysaker.
In addition to competitive benefits we can also offer good development opportunities.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Borka Consulting AS.
If you would like to find out more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Cecilie Fraas Borka, phone +47 928 55 352 or email to email@example.com
Borka Consulting is a search and recruitment company in the Life Science industries that help clients find talented candidates in all roles in the Life Science sector in Norway, The Nordics and in Europe.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please submit your application in this portal:
to apply and upload your CV and motivational letter at your earliest convenience and no later than July 29th 2022.